Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Thank You

This morning I was awakened early. Reeeeeal early. For those of you who know me well, anything before 7:00 is early. I was awake at 4:00. And of course, I couldn't go back to sleep.

My early rousings happen from time to time. When I'm convinced sleep is no where in sight, I begin praying for those God brings to my mind. It's actually a sweet time with Him. I really should do it more often. On purpose.

This morning I was once again reminded of how blessed I am to be part of Madison Heights. That I am actually the Children's Ministry Director still blows my mind. I am so awed by God's goodness and so thankful. I have decided I have the best job in the world. Every Sunday I am surrounded by little children who love me. I get more hugs than anybody else! Those "babies" don't care what I'm wearing or how it fits. They don't care that I really need to buy some new shoes. They don't care if I'm having a good hair day or a bad one. And if I'm having an all around bad day, I soon forget it. I love "my" children of Madison Heights. I feel like I have a hundred and twenty-five grandchildren. It's the best ever! I love each of them as though they are my own.

I also love their parents. I am supported and encouraged each week, often on a daily basis, by the parents... and grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins... of Madison Heights. I don't know if you realize I need new shoes or a do-over in the hair department, but you sure don't let on if you do. So many of you work diligently week after week, manifesting your desire to see our young ones grow in the faith and knowledge or our Lord Jesus Christ. You are a gift. All of you, a blessing.

Our church is truly a family. As with all families, we are a work in progress. We are learning how to be more honest. How to think the best of each other instead of the worst. How to genuinely love one another as Christ loves us.  Paul didn't call this life a fight for nothing. It's hard work, but let's keep staying the course. And remembering we are all God's work in progress. He who began this good work in us is faithful to complete it in us. So don't get too caught up in the work! :)

Thank you, Madison Heights for loving me. Supporting me. Encouraging me. Working hard alongside me. Thank you, my sweet Covenant children for showing your love so freely with your little hearts, hands, and kisses. With Paul I say, I thank my God every time I remember you.

No comments:

Post a Comment