Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Lies Women Believe...

Lies Women Believe and the Truth that Sets Them Free by Nancy Leigh DeMoss. Great book!! Here are a few of the lies we believe that are relevant to all ages...
  • "I'm not worth anything."
    • the Truth:
      • My value is not determined by what others think of me or what I think of myself. My value is determined by how God views me. Ps139:1-18, Eph 1:3-8, 1Pe 2:4
      • To God my soul is worth more than the price of the whole world. John 3:16, Ro 5:6-8
      • If I am a child of God, I am God's cherished possession and treasure. Ro 8:1-2, 13, 15-17, 1Pe 2:9
  • "I can't help the way that I am."
    • the Truth:
      • If I am a child of God, I can choose to obey God. Ro 6:1-14, 8:1-2
      • I am responsible for my own choices. Deut 30:19, Josh 24:15
      • I can be changed throught the power of God's Spirit. Gal 5:16, Phil 2:13
  • "I need to learn to love myself."
    • the Truth:
      • By faith, I need to receive God's love for me. Gal 2:20, Heb 11
      • I already love myself. I need to deny myself and let God love others through me. Mt 16:24-26, Jn 15:12, Eph 5:29
Lies Women Believe and the Truth that Sets Them Free is a book I recommend for all parents to read. Women are not the only ones to believe the lies, but we are most vulnerable to them. Men, you will understand your wives better, and together you will be better prepared to teach your daughters the Truth to counteract these sneaky lies.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment