Thursday, November 4, 2010

Catechism Club

I had an excellent question posed to me last night - "When are you available to hear catechisms?"

Your children may come to me to "say" their catechisms after Sunday School, before evening worship (at the end of supper),  or at the church office. (I am there at random times, so please call me on my cell before you come. I'll be glad to make arrangements to meet you!)

In asking your children the catechism questions, I do not put any pressure on them at all. I give them nudges and encouragement as needed. The children have all done very well!

For the very young ones, three and younger, if your child knows at least five, please have them come to me. Fifteen is a lot for them to learn. I want to encourage them in their journey!

For clarification, this is not a race against time. If your child doesn't learn all 150 catechisms until May of 2011 or later, that is fine! (It normally takes a couple of years for the average child to learn - and truly retain - that many!) The Catechism Club is in existence to encourage you and your child to learn our sacred Truths together.

Happy learning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment